Lately everyone has been on this rampage about VP Joe Biden and his foul mouth. They've also exposed other political pundits when they thought that they weren't mic'd. While I myself don't curse a lot, I think that cursing amongst adults is up to them. I tend to keep mine confined to the bedroom (enter 70's adult-movie music here..boing chica boing boing), but anyway I digress.
I have to admit, I hate when I pass a group of 14 year old girls who have mouths like sailors. I think it takes away from their beauty. And I do think that public figures have to be a little more careful of who can hear them when they drop curse words. Especially F-bombs. For some reason, they weigh a little heavier for me than d*mn, or hell. I guess because hell can be deemed a place. Who knows why? It's definitely not what i'd call a vacation spot. A curse word is a curse word.
When this story first broke and I was getting dressed for work, they were talking about it on the Today Show, they had a little boy on there who was the President of the No Cursing Club or something. *side eye*. Ok, ok. I know. It's a good thing and I know that it's stupid to say that I don't like to hear kids cursing and then give them a side eye when they create a club not to curse. But a club? Really? Ok. Club on kids. Club on.
Now. In thinking about this whole cursing, swearing, foul mouth thing, the reality is, there are some things that just deserve curse words. Here are a few.
- Like when I went to Rita's the other day for a regular vanilla ice cream cone and they said that it would be almost $4. V-A-N-I-L-L-A. On a regular cone. Aren't they like a dollar at McDonald's? No thanks. I didn't even want one anymore. Da Hell?
- Or when you like two guys, then you find out that they are friends and you don't want to look all loose, so you have to decide which one to date...and you pick the jerk and then realize that you should've picked the other one...son of a b^$%h!
- Or when you see these
HOT DAMN! I liked him with Eva. And I know that they just broke up, so I'm not gonna hit him with the call me yet, oh but it's coming.
- Or when you're getting dress for a formal and you're wearing a satiny, silky material and you realize that you don't have to wear spanx. Work it B*tch! That deserves a curse and a high five!
- Or when a dude that you are not bound to, and are not presently in a relationship with repeatedly ask you to send sexy naked pictures of yourself to him. Because of course, he's not going to show anyone. And he just wants them to think about you when your not there. F*&k You. What am I? An idiot? It ain't that easy dude. I've got lots of pics on facebook with my clothes on. Look at those and hit the bricks.
- Or when you can look around at your girls (friends and family) and covet the time where there 's no drama. All you can hear playing in your head is Jay-Z's 99 problems....I love my life!
What are your Curse Worthy Times?